Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things Change..

When I was pregnant I knew that my life was about to change, what I didn't realize was how much it was going to change. I obviously knew that my sleeping habits would change. Gone are the days of grabbing my purse and going. Now it's: Wait for the baby to be fed, changed, dressed, pack up the diaper bag, and hope she's in a good mood. Then I will be able to get ready.

What I didn't realize is just how much my relationships would change. The first few weeks my friends would call to see how Mia and I were doing, but those have gradually tapered off. I've been seeing on facebook that they've been getting together and not inviting me. I understand that I probably couldn't or wouldn't want to go any way, but it still bothers me that I wasn't even considered. I had a baby I didn't die and neither should my social life.

My life is different now. I'm different now. But a part of me is sad, almost mourning, for the person I was before I was a mother. Not saying that I would give up this life for my old one because life without Mia is no life at all. But I'm slowly realizing that I can't have the life I had before and have a baby. My friends will always be my friends, but it's different then it was before. Our relationships and interactions are different. It's lonely sometimes.

Life is changed in so many ways. Some are so wonderful and others are more difficult. It just sucks that I feel alone even when I have this precious angel called Mia in my life. I LOVE YOU MIA NICOLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment