Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 Months

You are the best thing, that's ever been mine."
~Taylor Swift


Dear Mia,

Three months. Over 13 weeks. And well on our way to 100 days. Or, as someone pointed out today, a quarter of a year (to which Mommy immediately welled up with tears because her baby cannot be that grown up already!). You are already turning into such a little lady and now that you are really up for playing and discovering everything, the world is now opening up in so many delightful & exciting ways. You just discovered how to reach, hold and play with your toys. You coo more now, and I love hearing that sweet baby voice. I received the honor of your first peals of laughter one afternoon that I will remember forever now cause I made you laugh. I am so thrilled with your sweet smile, so rare & reserved strictly for those that you love. You are such a funny girl – the other day, Mommy was making funny faces and you were trying to imitate me. Tenacious almost to a fault, you love the outside but hate the sun in your eyes, full of joy, a complete attention monger, yet set in your ways…you are the best & worst of Daddy & I combined, but somehow in you it becomes perfection.

Just today, I started storing all of your newborn and 0-3 clothes into boxes and it made me cry cause you are growing up so fast. It is definitely true what they say about enjoying you now cause pretty soon you will be all grown up or in that teenager phase which I am dreading so much to have to go through. The other day I put you in a jumperoo/exersaucer toy and while you still couldnt really enjoy it I just stood there staring and I was almost in tears. I couldnt believe that the little 7 lb 2 ozs baby girl that I bought home from the hospital is already old enough for that. Pretty soon you will be rolling over (I see you already trying..You just got to learn to move the legs alittle more and you are there) then crawling and walking which I'm sure you will drive mommy crazy by getting into everything. So listen up, Mia, take your time and enjoy mommy doting over you.

I'm looking at you now, snuggled in your pink giraffe pajamas under a blanket, and knowing that I would willingly give my life for you in any situation. I feel this raw fire, down into the pit of my stomach, that knows I would & could do anything to keep you safe. I would gladly take any pain that you will ever feel, just so you never know how to hurt. I want to make this world perfect for you, just so you ever never know rejection, loss, or tears. But more than anything, I wish for you to be happy. In whatever you do, in whoever you become. I want you to be happy. And to always know that no matter what you do, I will always love you with the same protective, unconditional love that I felt the moment I first saw you.

I love you, Mia. In a way that I will never be able to fully explain but I pray you always know!!!

Love,
Mommy

Happy 3 months!!




3 month cupcakes


She was passed out from being so tired!!


Blow out the candles!


Here is your cupcake, Mia!


I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment