
As I sit here watching "I Am Sam" and crying my eyes out I look at my princess napping in her bouncer and I dont know what I would do if Mia was taken away from me. She is my absolute life now.
These past 2 days tested me because my poor princess was crying in pain and all I could do was watch her in tears as well because I didnt know what was wrong. Oh how I wish she can talk already and she can tell me what is wrong so I can take away all her pain. All I want to do for the rest of her life is take away all her pain and sadness. And so I called her pediatrician cause no matter what I did she would cry and cry and at that point I felt helpless...Like I was making it worse. No mom wants to feel like they are making it worse for their child. A mom is suppose to pick you up when you are feeling bad, clean & kiss your boo-boos away..not make you feel worse. Her pediatrician finally called me back after what felt like hours but it was only 20 mins (lol) I described to her what was happening and turns out it was gas pains even though I had been burping her after every feeding. I wasnt burping her enough and what I didnt know was to burp after every ounce of milk. (You learn something everyday) She also recommeneded gripe water and to get Dr. Browns bottles since I had been using Playtex Ventaire bottles and those apparently still let alot of air in despite what it advertises. The next day, I set out on my mission to Babies R Us and get those bottles and gripe water. I came home and she was up and hungry so I decided to test the new bottles. Boy, what a difference. She burped only twice, didnt spit up and no hiccups. Since then very little burps, hiccups only once and no spit up at all. These bottles are amazing and so worth it. Dr. Browns has a very happy customer and will recommend to all mommies. I havent used the gripe water as of yet but everyone keeps telling me its amazing as well. So as I sit her still watching my princess nap and feeling so much better on this beautiful Saturday morning after my first mommy crisis I know I will do anything for this little girl.

Next week on Wednesday she turns one month and oh how sad I will be..she is no longer a newborn and all I will be able to think about is 11 more months till she is 1 years old and so on and so on then she leaves me for college or she finds a boy and I will have to put a chastity belt on her or lock her up in a dungeon like Fiona's parents did in Shrek but not to have her prince charming come and get her but to never let her out. Until then I will give my princess all the kisses, hugs and dress her up in all the embarassing clothes I want cause later she will say "Mommy stop embarassing me" or "I dont want to wear that." But oh how I love being a mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment